(Please NO recruitment agencies)
In a nutshell Since 2015, we’ve been growing like no other foodtech business in the UK. Head of NPD is a new role, responsible for developing our innovative product development strategy and leading a team of four to deliver this globally. The role reports into the Operations Director and is crucial to achieve Huel’s potential of being the global leader in Complete Food.
High level responsibilities
- You will drive innovation in our category, bringing the business with you on a journey to be leaders in Complete Food. You will collaborate with the wider Operations team on delivery of exciting additions to the Huel product range, from concept to launch.
- Manage the global product development pipeline to deliver a constant stream of new products to our consumers, in line with our mission and consideration of appropriate price points and margins
- Continual product improvement is core to our product approach, with version numbers for each of our products. Existing Product Development (EPD) is therefore key to the NPD team
- Understanding the complexity of the technical and legal guidelines, as well as our varied consumers across different regions
- Collaborate internally and with manufacturers and to source innovative ingredients and packaging • Oversee on-site production runs, providing expertise on scale-up to ensure products match concept briefs
- With a keen eye on market trends, competition and gaps in the market, inspire the business with product ideas to lead the Complete Food category
- Champion a development process in line with Huel’s sustainable mission • Continuously support and motivate your team to be the best they can be
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Private healthcare
You will be right for this role if you:
- Have proven experience of delivering commercially astute product innovation within an FMCG organisation.
- Ideally you will be knowledgeable and previously worked with powders, bars andHave experience of scaling a fast growth business internationally
- Are excited about building and managing a modern stage gate processes any markets around the world
- You can build successful relationships internally and externally in order to enable seamless communication throughout projects
- Have meticulous project management skills, ability to influence at all levels, and base assumptions on sound commercial / consumer driven insight
- Are passionate about nutritious food and have a genuine enthusiasm for our unique mission
- Have demonstrated strong people and team leadership skills
- Can handle a ridiculously fast-pace environment
- An unwavering desire for continuous improvement
- You will be able to handle complex analytical problems and be capable of working at a detailed level while keeping an eye on the strategic picture.