Since 2015, we’ve been growing like no other food-tech business in the UK. The Ingredients Technologist is a new role, responsible for developing raw materials specifications and working with our NPD team to search for new materials.
- Develop, implement and maintain a risk assessment of all ingredients.
- Develop raw material specifications to ensure product legality and quality.
- Establish the testing procedure for raw materials to ensure finished product conformance to specification and relevant legal requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain a raw material supplier approval procedure.
- Support the product development and the procurement teams through advising on the suitability of and the sourcing of ingredients.
- Support the Quality team to ensure that the finished product consistently meets the required standards.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers, set and monitor adherence to quality standards at suppliers. Be able to effectively resolve any issues with suppliers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Support quality and technical teams where necessary with product trials and productions.
You will have..
- A relevant degree, ideally in food science
- Good knowledge of safety standards and legal regulations relating to food manufacturing and product development
- Hands on experience in a quality or technical role
- A good understanding of a wide range of food manufacturing processes
- Understanding of the functionality of ingredients
- Previous experience working with raw materials is highly desirable
- A passion for nutritious food and have a genuine enthusiasm for our unique mission
- The ability to thrive in a ridiculously fast-pace environment
- An unwavering desire for continuous improvement
What we offer:
- Competitive basic salary
- Employee share options
- Private Healthcare
- A fantastic entrepreneurial work environment
- Lots of opportunity for personal growth and development
- Free Huel (of course)