Hueligan Spotlight: Meet Kirsty, Quality Technologist
"I wear my heart on my sleeve."
When you ask the people at Huel HQ why they love being a Hueligan (the affectionate name we’ve given to those that run the show) a few things always come up. People here are open and approachable, we all roll up our sleeves, muck in and challenge the norm and try to be better every day.
We want to give you an insight into these people who work at Huel, to find out more about them. We gave the office the challenge to think about what defines them and means the most to them in their lives – like travel, family, friends – and then articulate that with 4-5 objects.
You can read about the amazing people of Huel in our series of blogs – these stories highlight the eclectic personalities that make up this fast-moving brand.
What are your items and what do they mean to you?
- A book – 'Places to see before you die'. I love to travel with my husband, to far distant lands and experience the culture, food and wildlife.
- A heart. I wear my heart on my sleeve.
- Framed print of our home, from around 1915. I absolutely love our home, a 17th century converted Ale House, to which we are renovating room by room (and roof and walls!) and my passion is home improvements and interior design.
- Fondue. I enjoy entertaining friends and family at our home. From dinner parties to BBQs and relaxing in the garden with a chilled glass of wine overlooking the Aylesbury Vale.
- Moon Gazing Bunny - I love animals, especially our two house rabbits Hugo and Boss.
Why did you choose to join Huel?
I was approached via LinkedIn and at interview admired the interior design :-). On a more serious note even at interview I felt relaxed and welcomed by the team.
"... even at interview I felt relaxed and welcomed by the team. Everyone who works at Huel is lovely and you feel very much part of a family."
Huel offered the opportunity to work for a fresh and new, exciting and fast paced business.
What is your job at Huel and what does it entail?
- Maintenance of the Quality Management System, which is a documented, systematic management system that forms the basis for the product and process controls necessary to produce safe products.
- Coordinating testing of both finished products and raw materials using external laboratories. To be able to demonstrate that Huel is safe and legal.
- Supplier and Manufacturer data maintenance.
- Complaint handling, all complaints are logged, investigated through manufacturing/supplying sites and results of the investigation recorded. Actions appropriate to the level of complaint carried out.
- Support to both NPD and Operations teams.
Quick fire round
- What did you want to be when you grow up? A fighter pilot and fly for the Red Arrows
- Which way does your toilet roll hang, over or under? Over
- What are you currently watching on Netflix? Good Girls, but it is not as good as Haunting of Hill House which was amazing!